With the new year less than 30 days away, it’s time to make some dance goals for 2019. Here are a few lists for you to check out, but know these lists are merely a jumping off point, so be sure to add things that excite you (and if they’re a little scary, that’s okay too!).
For future students:
- Pick up the phone and schedule an introductory lesson (click on this link for a list of the studios in the Puget Sound area and their contact info)
- Come in and find out how easy dancing is. What’s the worst that could happen? You get out of the house, learn a couple steps in a couple dances, and work up a sweat?
For newer students:
- Take your dancing out to an outside event
- Try dancing with three new people you’ve never danced with before
- Perform in front of others, even if it’s only 30 seconds
- Add a new dance to your repertoire (Mambo? Merengue? Bachata? Argentine Tango?)
- Try doing honors in a dance (learn all of the steps of a dance in one level)
- Switch roles (Are you a follower? Try leading)
Dance goals will help give you a sense of direction as well as give you a feeling of accomplishment when you check each goal off of your list. So, happy list making and here’s to a fun, active and dance-filled 2019!