Anyone looking for a resource to find great songs or want to create a fun practice atmosphere at home (a “practice-sphere” if you will), look to Pandora! (www.pandora.com). For those of you who don’t know what I’m talking about, think of Pandora as a customizable radio with stations centered around an artist, song, or genre of your choosing which then plays other songs in that same vein. It’s awesome, and here are five stations that’ll get your feet bouncing to the beat in no time!
- A great station for rumba, foxtrot, cha cha, and swing, Michael Buble has something for everyone!
- Bachata is a popular dance at salsa clubs, which also doubles as great rumba music! So be sure to give Prince Royce a listen
- Known for his pulsating beats, Pitbull is a really popular artist right now and creates a lot of cool and uptempo cha chas.
- No matter your degree of salsa experience, salsa romantica is a great resource for practicing this hip social dance!
- Whether it’s ballroom tango, Argentine tango, tango vals, or milonga, Gotan Project is the perfect music group to satisfy all of your tango desires.
To help you get hooked on a variety of really great music, I recommend downloading some sort of music identification app onto your phone or computer such as SoundHound or Shazam. That way, when you find a really great song on the radio, you can find out what it is and make your own Pandora stations! So go forth and prosper, fellow music listeners!